Dear VFR-Pilots, welcome to our Summer VFR-Tour 2017!
After many months of hard work you've finally decided you deserve a holiday. You've planned to visit the city of Florence in Italy, the most populous city in Tuscany, which was a centre of medieval European trade and finance and one of the wealthiest cities of the time. It is considered the birthplace of Renaissance, and has been called "the Athens of the Middle Ages". A turbulent political history includes periods of rule by the powerful Medici family and numerous religious and republican revolutions. From 1865 to 1871 the city was the capital of the recently established Kingdom of Italy. It was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982. The city is known for its culture, Renaissance art and architecture and monuments. The city also contains numerous museums and art galleries and still exerts an influence in the field of art, culture and politics.
You have decided to depart with your small airplane from Bern and fly towards your destination, taking short stopovers in Ambri, Lugano, Brescia, Parma and in Genoa, Biella, Locarno and Buochs on the way back. Good luck!
Even if our tours are here to have fun and enjoy the beautiful scenery, we kindly ask you to read and follow out tour rules.
General rules and conditions
- All legs have to be flown online with real weather
- ATC guidance is not necessary all the way.
- Members not communicating via UNICOM can be excluded from the tour.
- Flights must be flown in real-time mode (No accelerated mode allowed).
- A maximum disconnection of 15 minutes will be accepted.
- Please pay attention to your flight plans. Erroneous flight plans (e.g wrong airfield codes, wrong type of flight plan, etc...) will not be accepted.
- A restriction of 2 legs per day is set.
MODA (Reporting system)
- Completed flights must be reported after each leg: take-off and landing times Zulu times only.
- Make sure to report your callsign as used for the flight.
- If you had any disconnection (15 minutes max. allowed) during a leg, mention it in the comments.
- Each leg will be validated by a validator and is only valid after validation.
- Aircraft: Light SEP aircraft only (Cessna, Piper, etc.). No turbine aircraft, except the Pilatus PC6.
- Speed: Max 180kts IAS.
- It is mandatory to follow a valid and correct VFR route, direct flights won't be accepted.
- Max Flight Level: Respect VFR Rules.
- Type of flight plan: VFR only.
IMPORTANT: Please wait 6 minutes before departure and after arrival, so that the IVAO tracker can record you are on the ground. Not waiting or missing landing/takeoff data due to too short connection/disconnection time will result in the leg being rejected!
If you complete this tour, you will get the Swiss VFR Tour award
Ready to start? Enjoy!
We wish you a pleasant flight and much fun on our Summer VFR-Tour 2017
CH-Flight Operations Department